Our Exclusive Interline Tour of Bologna and the Emilia area of Italy in September is an amazing 7 Nt tour that includes a trip to the Ferrari Museum along with extensive culinary adventures and market shopping as well. This exceptional tour takes place from Sept. 1 to Sept. 8, 2019.
Emilia-Romagna is a region in northern Italy, extending from the Apennine Mountains to the Po River in the north. It’s known for its medieval cities, rich gastronomy and seaside resorts. The capital, Bologna, is a vibrant city with an 11th-century university and arched porticos lining the streets and squares of its medieval core. Ravenna, near the Adriatic coast, is famed for its brightly colored Byzantine mosaics. This tour sets up in Bologna and we do day tours from there, never changing our hotel but enjoying the wonderful foods and wines of this region along with a tourto the Ferrari Museum in Maranello which is less than an hour from Bologna. Emilia-Romagna is the home to Parmesan cheese and some excellent balsamic vinegar producers. In addition we take in a couple of cooking classes and a visit to a local folk festival. Finally what tour of Italy would be complete without a trip to a local vineyard with some wine tasting. If you are ready to have some tasty fun and explore this region come join us on this exclusive tour.
The tour includes 7 nts at the 4 star HOTEL ALLA ROCCA ****, in BAZZANO (Bologna area) with buffet breakfast daily.
Also included are:
- 5 – 3-course dinners, drinks extra.
- 1 – Extra delicious farewell dinner, drinks extra
- Baggage assistance at the hotel at check-in and check-out
- All tours as outlined below
- 2 cooking classes
- Tour of the Ferrari Museum and Factory
- tour leader throughout the trip
Not included are – airfare, tips, hotel city taxes (the current price is € 1.00 per person, per night),
Our amazing itinerary is:
- Sept. 1, 2019 – Arrival Day – Arrive at the Bologna (BLQ) airport. Our tour host will be available at the airport (for 8 hours) to help connect guests to ground transport for the hotel. A delicious, traditional welcome dinner awaits you that evening at the hotel where you will get to meet everyone else on the tour and start making new friends.
- Sept. 2, 2019 – Cooking Class in Bologna and Visit to FICO – Try your hand at making some of the dishes that this area – arguably the culinary capital of country – is famous for. Enjoy the fruits of your “labor” for lunch, before heading on to visit FICO Eataly World, the largest food park in the world. The park offers the possibility to interact with local producers, watch cooking demonstrations and taste local products. The private bus will make the excursion seamless and a fabulous dinner will be served at the hotel.
- Sept. 3, 2019 – Ferrari Museum & Visit to Balsamic Vinegar Producer – Though the private bus for your excursion will be comfortable and nice, you may be tempted to purchase one of the cars on display at the Ferrari museum during your guided tour! If you are unable to fit one of the luxury cars in your luggage to take home as a souvenir, you can still try what the drive is like in the simulator! The museum is located next to the factory where the beauties are made. All the horse-power make you ravish? – the “pit stop” at the balsamic vinegar producer for a tasting and lunch, will help you change gears and fill you up. A delicious dinner will be served at the hotel. (and we might get to do a tour of the Ferrari Factory but won’t know will we get there)
- Sept. 4, 2019 – Cooking Class and Lunch at the Podere Riosto Vineyard – No trip to Italy is complete without visiting a vineyard. Podere Riosto is tucked
into the rolling hills of the Emilia country side. You will be welcomed into the
familial atmosphere and be able to try a few of their best wines.
- Sept. 5, 2019 – Special Lunch with Prosciutto Tasting and Visit to Parmesan Producer – The region of Emilia is home to a few of the most important ingredients for
cooking Italian: prosciutto and Parmesan. Today you will do a tasting of both as we visit Parmesan cheese producer, Scalabrini, including its stalls and a tasting of 3
different types/ages of Parmigiano Reggiano. We also visit Ribello, which produces various types of prosciutto, including culatello for a special lunch.
- Sept. 6, 2019 – Folk Festival – Late summer is Emilia is festival time. Following the heat of the summer, the towns are relieved to breathe in some cooler air and in celebration many events are created to bring the people together for food, antiques, music and fun. A special farewell dinner with be offered at the hotel.
- Sept. 7, 2019 – Market Morning in Bazzano & Apertifs and Dinner in Bologna – Saturday morning in market morning in the charming area of Bazzano. You can arrive on foot at your ease – the morning is free for you to enjoy! In the late afternoon the private bus will take you to Bologna to enjoy two favorite gastronomic traditions: the aperitif and dinner in one of the great restaurants in the heart of the city.
- Sept. 8, 2019 – Departure Day – With a head full of great new memories we leave for home today.
Cost – This will vary based on how many people sign up. But here is the breakdown. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
- 20 to 24 guests – $1,419
- 25 to 29 guests – $1,327
- 30 to 34 guests – $1,272
- 35 to 39 guests – $1,238
- 40 to 44 guests – $1,194
- Single supplement – add $297
We have a 20 person minimum to make the tour go. If you sign up at the higher price and we get more people, you will end up paying what the final price for the tour ends up. For example, you sign up when we only have 20 people signed up, the cost is $1,419pp. But if we end up with over 40 going the price drops to $1,194pp and that would be the final price you would pay, not the $1,419pp.
Yes you can bring friends with your and yes active employees can join. We want to fill the group to 40+ to get the rate down. If we get an overwhelming response we will go to our operator and see about adding a 2nd bus if needed.
Deposit is $250pp
Final Payment is due on July 1, 2019
No cancellation fee if you cancel before final payment.
Full penalty if cancelled after Jul. 1, 2019.
We strongly suggest you take out travel insurance to cover you for cancellation or medical issues while on the trip. Ask our agent for that info or click here to purchase it.
To book, contact InterlineTravel.com at 800 766-2911 and any agent can take your info and payment. We need your full legal name to book and your billing address for your credit card. The charge will come from Dynamic Travel on your credit card bill.