This is our exclusive tour to Cinque Terre and Tuscany. We have two dates on this one. The one shown below and one a week later.
Imagine spending a week exploring the Italian towns of Cinque Terre and the Tuscany region for 8 nights! Our price also includes an international breakfast buffet every morning and 7 dinners! Explore Tuscany and Cinque Terre with first hand cooking classes, tastings and more!
You won’t find this tour anywhere else as this is an exclusive tour from InterlineTravel.com.
In addition the following is included;
- 7 x HB with international breakfast buffet
- 1 x BB with international breakfast buffet
- 6 x 3-course dinner with fixed menu upon arrival
- 5 x 3-course dinner with menu choice
- 1 x typical 4-course dinner
- Drinks always extra
- Porterage in and out of Figline Valdarno, Sestri Levante and Florence area.
Not included are – airfare, tips, hotel city taxes (to be paid directly at the hotel upon arrival), everything not mentioned under the services included.
The form of catering in the hotel and other services may differ from our offer/confirmation due to Covid-19 regulations. Changes in the access and visiting regulations for historical sites and museums , for example, are possible based on the current ordinances in force.
Our hotels are:
- 4 Nts at the Hotel Villa Casagrande ****, in Figline Valdarno
- 3 Nts at the Hotel Grande Albergo ****, in Sestri Levante
- 1 Nt at Unahotel Vittoria ****, in Firenze
Our amazing itinerary is:
- Oct. 19, 2023 – Arrival in Florence airport and transfer to hotel. Welcome aperitif and dinner – Welcome to Florence! After clearing arrival formalities, you will be met and transferred t to the hotel. After check-in enjoy a welcome drink as you relax and get ready for the welcome dinner, which will be served at the hotel. Our bus will depart the Florence airport at 4pm for the 45 minute ride to the hotel.
- Oct. 20, 2023 – San Gimignano with Gelato Tasting (world’s best award winning) and Volterra with Saffron Lunch
Today we look forward to San Gimignano: the family towers can be seen from far away. Each family kept trying to surpass the others with ever higher towers and these impressive structures stand testimony to this competition to this day. The medieval structures of this city have largely remained intact and San Gimignano, with its large number of art treasures, can truly be characterized as an open-air museum. Before to leave this amazing place we will enjoy an unforgettable ice cream in one of the most ancient gelateria in Italy.
Mr. Dondoli produces unique flavors, his gelato is famous world-wide. Taste his saffron & pine nuts, a registered trade mark. Continue on to the alabaster city of Volterra. This former Etruscan settlement is located on a rise with a splendid view of the surroundings. We will stop for lunch at a family-run farmhouse, specialized in saffron production. After visiting the property we will enjoy a light lunch with saffron dishes..
- Oct. 21, 2023 – Pasta Cooking Class at a farmhouse followed by lunch.
Afternoon tour in the Chianti valley with stop at a farmhouse for local products tasting – Enjoy breakfast and get ready for today’s experience!
The cooking lesson takes place at a charming location in the middle of the Tuscan vineyards. Once arrived at the farmhouse, guests will be greeted with a welcome drink, while the chef will present the program of the day, his recipes and then he will divide the participants into small groups that will alternate at all area of the cooking course. The restaurant staff will then help guests to wear aprons and hats . The course begins and for lunch you will taste what you’ve prepared, accompanied by red wine and water. This afternoon we will discover the beauty of the Chianti Region and reach a farmhouse where we will have a tour of the wine cellar and the vineyard. Following the tour we will enjoy a taste of their homemade olive oil with bruschetta, red and white wine, mixed salumi and Pecorino cheese!
- Oct. 22, 2023 – Excursion to Florence by train – After breakfast we will reach the train station with a 5 minutes walk and take the train to Florence. Once arrived, we will have a 3 hours guided tour of the city with a local expert guide.
The Renaissance spirit was Florentine. Extracting details from the ruins of its Roman past, the city’s creators proudly dusted of ancient forms and brought them to light. First incorporating the elements as inventive details in structures, meant to illuminate their brilliance from an otherwise buried past, they then extended into entire compositional arrangements highlighted in the unmatched architectural masterpieces that make up one of the most unmistakable cityscapes in the world.
Florence inspires with its Palazzo Vecchio, Ponte Vecchio, Duomo, the Uffizi and Accademia museums, markets, gardens and squares (entrance fee can be added upon request).
Following your walking tour, the balance of the day is at your leisure In the late afternoon we will take the train back to our Villa, in time for dinner.
- Oct. 23, 2023 – Discover Pisa with its Leaning Tower and the smallest Pasta Factory in Lari before heading to Sestri Levante. Change of Hotel – Remember to pack your luggage, because this evening we will reach Sestri Levante, located nearby the Cinque Terre area, where we will overnight for the next 3 nights. The private bus and tour leader will take you to Pisa, where a local guide is waiting for us for a 2-hours walking tour around the historic area.
Don’t forget to take the silly selfie (a must) of you holding up the tower. The Leaning Tower of Pisa is one of the most iconic buildings in the world (entrance fee can be added upon request).
Then visit Lari, a lesser known Tuscan town located inside castle walls. The Famiglia Martelli has been making pasta there since 1926 and are always happy to show you how. Tour the pasta factory, Europe’s smallest, and pick up a bag or two as a souvenir to bring home with you. We continue onto Sestri Levante where we will spend the next 3 nights
- Oct. 24, 2023 – The Cinque Terre – The UNESCO world heritage recognized hamlets – Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore – are reached by boat, rail or trail. The topography of the area did not allow for the development of roads for vehicles. The five fishing villages dot the coast, tucked into the habitable terrain between the swaths of lush vertical land and cobalt coves. Each village is unique. Ancient churches, castles and homes are centered on squares that often use the sea as their fourth side.
Monterosso is the largest and the only one with a sandy beach.
Vernazza is considered to be the most photogenic, as its natural pier surrounded by colorful houses is truly charming.
Corniglia is the only one not built on the sea, but one hundred meters above it, on a cliff. As it is the most difficult to reach, it is also the least touched by tourists.
Manarola has a small harbor and is where the Via dell’Amore (the Lover’s Lane), once started (due to landslides, the path is now closed).
Riomaggiore is a peaceful place, with its colorful cluster of houses hugging the hills behind it. The villages lay in what is now a national park, with the water in front of a protected marine area.
We will discover these colorful villages with a combination of train and boat, according to the weather and sea conditions..
- Oct. 25, 2023 – Pesto Cooking Class with Lunch. Afternoon discover Rapallo, Santa Margherita and Portofino by Boat. – After a relaxing breakfast we will have a walk around the historic fishing village and than reach the restaurant where we will learn all about a local traditional recipe. The most classic Ligurian dish is undeniably pasta al pesto Genovese. The fragrant yet simple sauce is a divine combination of basil, pine nuts, olive oil, cheese and garlic. You will make the Pesto and enjoy your lunch right in the place where the recipe was born. Enjoy a dish of the traditional “Trofie al Pesto” for lunch!
The glamorous Italian Riviera has long been the playground for the affluent. Colorful villas and cobalt waters studded with yachts, a stroll along its dreamy promenades allows visitors to feel a part of the luxury scene. One of the best ways to see the area is from the sea.
Take a ferry from Rapallo to Portofino and return by boat to Santa Margherita. As you sail along view the jawdropping area and soak up the sunshine and sea breeze. When you dock you can begin to experience the highlife, smelling fragrant Mediterranean flowers as you sip espressos and Proseccos at charming cafés at the harbor.!
- Oct. 26, 2023 – Transfer to Florence – Breakfast and transfer you hotel in Florence area, for your last overnight. Rest of the day at your leisure.
- Oct. 27, 2023 – Depart for Home – After breakfast transfer by coach to the Flornce airport for your return flight home with a head full of memories. Our bus will depart at 8:30am for the 30 minute ride to the Florence airport.
Cost – This will vary based on how many people sign up. But here is the breakdown. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
We offer two prices on this tour, one for the public and one for interliners. Interliners for this tour are airline employee or spouse, airline retiree or spouse, parent or parent-in-law of the airline employee and anyone traveling with them.
For the public, the price is
- 15 to 19 guests – $1,999pp
- 20 to 24 guests – $1,899pp
- 25 to 29 guests – $1,759pp
- 30 to 34 guests – $1,689pp
- 35 to 40 guests – $1,599pp
- Single supplement – add $349 – Limited to 5 single room, first book, first get. Waitlist after that.
Our exclusive price for interliners is below – (you need to be a member of our website and logged in to see the pricing.
[Content protected for Members of InterlineTravel.com only, Sign up and join today! No Charge!]
We have a 15 person minimum to make the tour go. If you sign up at the higher price and we get more people, you will end up paying what the final price for the tour ends up. For example, you sign up when we only have 15 people signed up, the cost is the higher price shown. But if we end up with over 35 or more going the price drops and that price based on how many are booked would be the final price you would pay.
Yes you can bring friends with you and parents and in-laws of employees can book into this also and go at the same rate as you do as the interliner. We want to fill the group to 30+ to get the rate down. If we get an overwhelming response we will go to our operator and see about adding a 2nd or 3rd section if needed. Otherwise once we hit 40 we will have a waitlist in case of cancellations.
Deposit is $500pp at the time of booking.
Final Payment is due on July 15, 2023.
No penalty if you cancel prior to or on July 15, 2023.
Full penalty if cancelled after July, 15, 2023.
We strongly suggest you take out travel insurance to cover you for cancellation or medical issues while on the trip. Ask our agent for that info or click here to purchase it.
If we are unable to operate the tour due to Covid restrictions. then everyone booked will get a full refund to their credit card they paid with.
To book, contact InterlineTravel.com at 800 766-2911 and any agent can take your info and payment. We need your full legal name to book and your billing address for your credit card. The charge will come from Dynamic Travel on your credit card bill.
Renee Yancy says
Hi there. I’m considering taking this trip in late October thru early November.
Can you please send me an email with the cost for an airline employee?
Thanks so much!
Steve Cosgrove says
yes we will have an agent email you. If you will email email@example.com from firstname.lastname@example.org then we can get you full access and you can see the rates on the page for airline employees.
I’m interested in the trip to Tuscany in October. I’m logged in and only see the rates for the public not interline.
Steve Cosgrove says
we need a copy of your airline or retiree ID to get you full access. Email email@example.com a copy and he will get you full access so you can see the interline rates on our tours.
Jerri LaHaie says
Do parents of employees qualify for interline rate?
Steve Cosgrove says
in most cases yes they do. Disney is the big exception.
Patricia A Gentile says
I’m considering the trip to Cinque Terre For October 19th. . I can forward my AA retiree ID regarding prices for Interline members .
Steve Cosgrove says
yes. email the ID to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email you sign up with and we will get you full access.