This is our exclusive tour to the Piedmont area of Italy including attending the White Truffle Fair in Alba.
Imagine 6 nights in the legendary Piedmont area of Italy, doing some truffle hunting, attending an Italian Truffel Fair, enjoying some wine tasting, touring Turin, Italy and more! Join us on this exclusive tour. Space is limited so sign up quickly.
You won’t find this tour anywhere else as this is an exclusive tour from InterlineTravel.com.
In addition the following is included;
- 6 Nts at the 3 star Albergo La Corte Albertina in Pollenzo Bra
- 6 x HB with international breakfast buffet in Bra
- 1 x 4-course dinner at the hotel’s restaurant, water, paired wine per each
course and coffee
- Meals as listed below
- Drinks extra
- Admission to the Truffle Fair in Alba
- All transportation while on the tour
- English speaking guide for the entire tour
- Headsets throughout your trip
Not included are – airfare, tips, hotel city taxes, everything not mentioned under the services included.
Our amazing itinerary is:
- Oct. 22, 2022 – Arrival in Milan airport and transfer to hotel in Piedmont. Welcome aperitif and dinner – Upon arrival at the airport, transfer by coach to your hotel. Enjoy a welcome drink before evening dinner. Our bus will depart the Milan (MXP) airport to Pollenzo Bra at 3pm for the 2 hour and 15 minute ride to the hotel.
- Oct. 23, 2022 – Truffle Fair in Alba – Today we drive to the charming town of Alba in the heart of the Langhe wine region and stroll through its old centre with attractive towers, palaces and medieval streets, before experiencing the highlight of the day, a visit to Alba’s truffle fair where we encounter traders and truffle hunters from the region who offer their coveted world famous white tubers. Alba’s Truffle Fair is one of the top showcases for haute cuisine and Italian excellence. The truffle is fragrance, gastronomic poetry, and a status symbol with endless charm. At the gastronomic stands wines from the Langhe and Roero areas as well as regional specialties such as cheese, salami and pasta are sold. Numerous show cooking events with top chefs and tastings of truffle dishes, as well as a colourful supporting programme of activities are on offer. In 2017 Alba was officially listed by UNESCO as a „Creative Town for Gastronomy“ and after today‘s visit we will understand why!.
- Oct. 24, 2022 – Truffle hunt experience with Lunch & hazelnut farm – Experience a truffle hunt experience followed by a delicious taste of their products and lunch! The tasting consists of: Cold buffet of truffles Specialties on toasted bread (sardines with truffle, truffle butter, Parmesan cheese cream with truffle or Percorino cheese cream with truffle, aromatic herbs tomato sauce, Grana cheese flavored with gognac, truffle honey and figs compost in balsamic vinegar, Caterina sauce Italian vinaigrette, truffle caviar and sweet specialties of the house: bunet or cream from Moscato or Limoncello cream and truffle chocolate After lunch, the group will reach a hazelnut producer located in the Langhe area for a tour of the hazelnut grove with explanation and taste of their products with a glass of Moscato.
- Oct. 25, 2022 – Morning at Leisure. Asti with Spumante tasting & Canelli with underground wine cellar and Dinner – In the early afternoon we head to Asti and take a stroll through the Old Town to feel the magic of our surroundings. This former city republic with its medieval character is known as the ‘San Gimignano of Piedmont’ due to its many soaring towers and is the centre of the wine producing region of Monferrato, in which its most gentile representatives Moscato and Barbera d’Asti are born. There are many important grappa distilleries in this area too. We will visit one to discover how this famous Italian spirit is produced by distilling the pomace (a mixture of grape seeds, stalks and stems) left over from the wine-making process before sampling this potent firewater ourselves.
We carry on our way to the small town of Canelli, the capital of Spumante with the lovely Gancia Castle which overlooks the Old Town. Canelli has always been and still is home to many historic wine cellars, also called “underground cathedrals”, which are listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. They are known as Cathedrals as these chambers create a stunning scene, and are real masterpieces of engineering. The cellars run for more than 20 kilometres under the town and the surrounding countryside, and thousands of bottles of wine are left to ferment here at the constant temperature of 12-14°C. The first Italian sparkling wine was produced in Canelli in 1865. We shall stop for a tasting of wonderful bubbly before heading to the restaurant for our delicious group’s
- Oct. 26, 2022 – Discover the city of Turin with a local guide and taste the traditional “Bicerin” – On our city tour of Turin we will see the façade of the Palazzo Reale, Palazzo Madama, and the Church of San Lorenzo (admission extra) and gain a first impression of the magnificence of this city. Afterwards you will have time to stroll through the lively, Baroque historic district. Taking a nice walk is no problem in Turin, since the kilometre-long arcades allow a relaxed stroll even when it is raining. A good idea is a visit to the Mole Antonelliana (entrance fee extra) , once a Jewish synagogue and today the Italian film museum. Next to the many attractive exhibits there, taking the lift is a unique experience, rewarded by the panoramic view of the city from the top. The industrious Torinese gave the world its first commercial hard chocolate and Italy’s most iconic car,
the Fiat. We stop to savour a bicerin, a traditional hot drink native to Turin, made from expresso coffee, drinking chocolate, and milk served layered in a small glass
- Oct. 27, 2022 – Lunch at a farmhouse in La Morra, drive to Barolo for a wine tasting, visit of the Wine bank in Pollenzo – Discover one of the world’s most famous wine growing regions, the Langhe. During the excursion you will see numerous castles and palaces reigning high atop the hills and the hills themselves are planted all over with grapevines. We will stop at a farmhouse for a typical lunch accompanied by their wines We continue to a vineyard in Barolo for a visit and taste of the famous Barolo wine, accompanied by mixed snacks. Back to Pollenzo to visit the wine bank is a one-of-a-kind impressive oenological showcase, in which one can discover Italy through its major wines.
- Oct. 28, 2022 – Depart for Home – After breakfast transfer by coach to the Milan airport for your return flight home with a head full of memories. Our bus will depart Pollenzo Bra at 8am for the 2 hour and 15 minute ride to the Milan (MXP) airport.
Cost – This will vary based on how many people sign up. But here is the breakdown. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
- 25 to 19 guests – $1,799pp
- 20 to 24 guests – $1,649pp
- 25 to 29 guests – $1,499pp
- Single supplement – add $499 – Limited to 5 single room, first book, first get. Waitlist after that.
We have a 15 person minimum to make the tour go. If you sign up at the higher price and we get more people, you will end up paying what the final price for the tour ends up. For example, you sign up when we only have 15 people signed up, the cost is $1,799pp. But if we end up with over 25 going the price drops to $1,499pp and that would be the final price you would pay, not the $1,799pp.
Yes you can bring friends with you and parents and in-laws of employees can book into this also. We want to fill the group to 25+ to get the rate down. If we get an overwhelming response we will go to our operator and see about adding a 2nd or 3rd section if needed. Otherwise once we hit 40 we will have a waitlist in case of cancellations.
Deposit is $500pp at the time of booking.
Final Payment is due on Aug. 1, 2022.
No penalty if you cancel prior to Aug. 1, 2022.
Full penalty if cancelled on or after Aug. 1, 2022.
We strongly suggest you take out travel insurance to cover you for cancellation or medical issues while on the trip. Ask our agent for that info or click here to purchase it.
If we are unable to operate the tour due to Covid restrictions. then everyone booked will get a full refund to their credit card they paid with.
To book, contact InterlineTravel.com at 800 766-2911 and any agent can take your info and payment. We need your full legal name to book and your billing address for your credit card. The charge will come from Dynamic Travel on your credit card bill.