Join us on our Exclusive September 2021 tour to the Emilia Romagna region of Italy!!!
Enjoy a week in Emilia Romagna with sightseeing, shopping, wine tasting, cooking classes and more! Emilia-Romagna is one of the wealthiest and most developed regions in Europe, with the third highest GDP per capita in Italy. Bologna, its capital, has one of Italy’s highest quality of life indices and advanced social services. Emilia-Romagna is also a cultural, economic and tourist center: being the home of the University of Bologna, the oldest university in the world; containing Romanesque and Renaissance cities (such as Modena, Parma and Ferrara) and the former Roman Empire capital of Ravenna; encompassing eleven UNESCO heritage sites; being a center for food and automobile production (home of automotive companies such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Pagani, De Tomaso, Dallara, and Ducati); and having popular coastal resorts such as Cervia, Cesenatico, Rimini and Riccione. In 2018, the Lonely Planet guide named Emilia Romagna as the best place to see in Europe
You won’t find this tour anywhere else as this is an exclusive tour from InterlineTravel.com.
The tour includes 7 nts at the 4 star HOTEL SANS SOUCI in Gabicce Mare, which is about 90 minutes east south east of Bologna, on the ocean and is our base hotel for all of our excursions and experiences. We will have a bus leaving the Bologna airport the afternoon of Sept. 18 to take everyone to the hotel. If you can’t make it or want to come in early then you are on your own to get to the hotel but we can book for your additional pre hotel nights at the hotel or get your booked at a hotel in Bologna and you can then join up with our bus at the airport on Sept. 18 to head for the 90 minute ride to Gabicce Mare. Our hotel is on the beach!
Also included are:
- 1 welcome drink
- International breakfast buffet daily
- 1 x 3-course dinner with fixed menu upon arrival
- 6 – 3-course dinners with choice menu
- Salad and vegetable buffet at every evening meal
- Drinks are extra
- Headsets throughout your trip
- Porterage in & out at the hotel listed above
- All tours as outlined below
- 24-hour emergency telephone number
Not included are – airfare, tips, hotel city taxes (to be paid directly at the hotel upon arrival), everything not mentioned under the services included.
Our amazing itinerary is:
- Sept. 18, 2021 – Arrival Day – Upon arrival at the Bologna airport, transfer by coach to your hotel. Enjoy a welcome drink before evening dinner
- Sept. 19, 2021 – Cervia with salt caves and fish lunch – The salt from Cervia is classified as “sweet” due to its pure sodium chloride and because it does not contain any of the other acrid salts which are usually present in sea salt. Packaged in a small burlap sack, this salt makes a nice souvenir. You can purchase a sample of it during a visit to one salt cave. At noon, reach the town center to enjoy an abundant fish lunch accompanied by fresh wine and water.
- Sept. 20, 2021 – Guided tour in Bologna & Lunch with dish of Tagliatelle & wine tasting – Today you reach the beating heart of Emilia Romagna: Bologna You will begin with a 2 hour private guided tour of this magnificent city. Food is a very big deal here, as it is throughout the Emilia-Romagna region – the home of Parma ham, balsamic vinegar and parmesan. Cured meats, aged cheeses, cream, butter, game and truffles abound in this most indulgent of cuisines. Many of Italian cuisine’s heavy hitters – tagliatelle al ragù, mortadella, tortellini, lasagne alla bolognese – originate and are at their finest here. For lunch you will enjoy a delicious homemade place of Tagliatelle, accompanied by local wine
- Sept. 21, 2021 – Cooking demo at Podere Riosto in Pianoro – Upon arrival at Podere Riosto, www.podereriosto.it , located in the countryside under Bologna, the owner will guide the group through the splendid vineyards (English) and the cellar where they produce their own wine, both red and white. They will then show the guests how to make authentic homemade pasta, and lunch will follow in the panoramic terrace on the surrounding hills (weather permitting). The menu will include: welcome glass of wine accompanied by local crescente (a typical flat bread) and mixed crostini, homemade fresh pasta al ragù, a tagliere (cutting board) of local cold cuts and cheese with bread, coffee and Pignoletto grappa. A total of 3 glasses of wine during the meal.
- Sept. 22, 2021 – Riccione with piadina lunch and Sogliano al Rubicone for Fossa cheese tasting – A brief bus ride takes you to Riccione, a sea town well known for its hospitality and deep connection to the Fellini movies. This cozy city is also home to a simple yet delicious Italian quick dish: the piadina Romagnola. Only four basic ingredients are necessary to prepare the piadina: water, flour, salt and lard. The round flat bread then wraps cold cuts such as prosciutto crudo or cotto with the typical squaquerone (fresh cheese). You will visit the “Canasta”, the restaurant has grown its fame because they say it serves the best piadina in town. Sit down and
enjoy the typical lunch, rounds out by a good Italian espresso coffee. In the afternoon you reach Sogliano al Rubicone: here you can not avoid to try the “formaggio di Fossa”. This unique product is won from an aging process in tuff stone cavities, where it was originally put to hide it from enemies in times of war. You will see one “fossa” and taste some slices of the prince of the local specialties
- Sept. 23, 2021 – Day at Leisure – Relax today and go explore the town of Gabicce Mare on your own or with others in our group. You could also just enjoy the beach at Gabicce Mare. The hotel has a spa and there are even local golf courses you can play. Rent a bike or go on a horseback ride on the beach. Your options are open!
- Sept. 24, 2021 – Rimini with fish lunch and Cantine Terracruda in Fratte Rosa for white wine (verdicchio) tasting – Looking south in the sea direction, today you visit Rimini. The city is mostly popular as a Summertime destination for Italian families, but it actually hides a cultural and historical richness. In one of the many restaurants of the city you will discover another characteristic: the fine cuisine. Given the location right on the sea, a fish-themed lunch is now due, and you have to pack some food as a rich wine tasting is waiting for you in the afternoon. The Cantine Terracruda give the warmest welcome with a visit to the vineyards, where they produce their famous Bianchello. You will be accompanied on a tour by the staff who will explain the production process and will lead you to the wine tasting in the cellar.
- Sept. 25, 2021 – Depart for Home – After breakfast transfer by coach to the airport for your return flight home.
Cost – This will vary based on how many people sign up. But here is the breakdown. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
- 20 to 29 guests – $1,479
- 30 to 39 guests – $1,319
- 40 to 44 guests – $1,229
- Single supplement – add $129 – Limited to 9 single room, first book, first get. Waitlist after that.
We have a 20 person minimum to make the tour go. If you sign up at the higher price and we get more people, you will end up paying what the final price for the tour ends up. For example, you sign up when we only have 20 people signed up, the cost is $1,479pp. But if we end up with over 40 going the price drops to $1,229pp and that would be the final price you would pay, not the $1,479pp.
Yes you can bring friends with you and parents and in-laws of employees can book into this also. We want to fill the group to 40+ to get the rate down. If we get an overwhelming response we will go to our operator and see about adding a 2nd or 3rd section if needed. Otherwise once we hit 44 we will have a waitlist in case of cancellations.
Deposit is $500pp at the time of booking. Space is subject to availability at the time of booking.
Final Payment is due on Jun. 15, 2021.
No penalty if you cancel prior to Jun. 15, 2021.
Full penalty if cancelled after Jun. 15, 2021.
We strongly suggest you take out travel insurance to cover you for cancellation or medical issues while on the trip. Ask our agent for that info or click here to purchase it.
To book, contact InterlineTravel.com at 800 766-2911 and any agent can take your info and payment. We need your full legal name to book and your billing address for your credit card. The charge will come from Dynamic Travel on your credit card bill.