Our Exclusive Tour of Tuscany includes a evening at an outdoor concert by the legendary Andrea Bocelli!!!
Imagine a week in Tuscany with wine tasting, cooking classes AND attending an outdoor concert one evening under the Tuscan stars with Andrea Bocelli! This is a bucket list event for many. He only does this concert in July and only does 2 of them. This tour starts and ends in Chianti where we spend 7 nights including the evening of the concert. If you are a fan of Andrea Bocelli or are looking for a night you will remember for years to come then this tour is for you. You won’t find this tour anywhere else as this is an exclusive tour from InterlineTravel.com.
The tour includes 7 nts at the 4 star hotel in Chianti at the 4 star Park Hotel Chianti and will include buffet breakfast daily.
Also included are:
- 7 x BB with international breakfast buffet in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa
- Porterage in and out of the hotel
- Headphones for all tours
- All tours as outlined below
- 24-hour emergency telephone number
Not included are – airfare, tips, hotel city taxes (to be paid directly at the hotel upon arrival), everything not mentioned under the services included.
Our amazing itinerary is:
- Jul. 23, 2023 – Arrival Day – Arrival at Florence Airport (FLR) and transfer to our hotel. Private coach transfer from Florence airport to your hotel in Chianti. Our bus will leave the Florence Airport at 3pm. It is about a 45 minute drive to the hotel. If you miss the bus you will need to get to the hotel on your own.
- Jul. 24, 2023 – Train to Florence. Private guided tour and taste of typical products at the Central Market – Enjoy a relaxing breakfast at the hotel and reach the train station for your train to Florence. Here, we will meet a local expert guide for a walking tour. Learn about influential Florentines like the Medici family and the poet Dante Alighieri. Stroll around Florence’s historical center. Known as the “cradle of the Renaissance,” Florence is home to some of the world’s most important Renaissance art and architecture. Your guide will show off Florence’s finest examples. You will have the chance to taste some typical products at the Central Market of Florence. Rest of the day at leisure.
- Jul. 25, 2023 – Private guided tour in Siena. Lunch at a saffron producer and gelato tasting in San Gimignano – After breakfast we will reach Siena, a wonderful medieval walled town famous for its Palio horse races. A local expert will guide us through the narrow cobbled streets, hidden lanes and secret squares on the trail of the old fountains. Be a real Sienese and enjoy time at leisure on the seashell shaped Piazza del Campo. We will stop for lunch at a family-run farmhouse, specialized in saffron production and after visiting the property we will enjoy a light lunch with saffron dishes. We continue on to San Gimignano, famous for its fascinating medieval architecture and towers that rise above of all the other buildings offering an impressive view of the city from the surrounding valley. Enjoy a delicious Gelato tasting at the best ice cream producer!
- Jul. 26, 2023 – Private guided tour in Lucca – Today we travel to Lucca, famous for its Opera House (Puccini was a native), well preserved Renaissance walls, and circular bread, called buccellatto, which allows the locals to go about their daily lives as they carry the bread home like a kind of a delicious bracelet. Lucca is a place that will appeal to all of your senses, for its sights, sounds, scents and flavours. Tuscan food specialities are created using hands as an extension of the heart. With few, high-quality ingredients, no condiments are needed, as the authentic food speaks for itself. Then we will head off to an agriturismo for a hands-on cooking class at a farmhouse nearby Lucca with typical Tuscan dishes following with lunch including wine, water and coffee.
- Jul. 27, 2023 – Volterra with Alabaster laboratory and wine with local products tasting. Highlight: The Andrea Bocelli event in the tenor’s hometown, Lajatico – Breakfast at the hotel, rest of the Morning at leisure and Lunch at leisure! Leave in the afternoon for the medieval town of Volterra. Formerly an Etruscan hill settlement, the city is believed to have been continuously inhabited since the 8th century B.C. With so many layers of lives and a distinctly medieval appearance, it is no wonder that it lends itself as the ideal setting for vampire novels and films. No need to fear what follows dusk here, as the warm glow of the city lights cast off any would-be covens. Here you will visit an alabaster producers and get a little alabaster present. We continue to the Tuscan countryside, where a historic estate awaits you to sample an extensive range of local products. The tasting will fuel you with the right energy to then enjoy the main event: the Andrea Bocelli performance at the Theater of Silence. The innovative project, established in 2006, unites art and culture with its open-air amphitheatre in the heart of the Tuscan hills, near Bocelli’s hometown of Lajatico. The theatre draws its name from the fact that it hosts just one concert each summer, before falling silent for the rest of the year. The event enables the extraordinary opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the Tuscan countryside while listening to Bocelli’s voice live. Please note that guests must walk about 800 metres to reach the Teatro del Silenzio and that they will return to their hotels very late, following the event. ** In case of bad weather condition, the concert will be moved to the next day. The concert will start at around 20:30-21:00 hours and will finish at around midnight.
- Jul. 28, 2023 – Morning at Leisure. Afternoon Private guided tour in Pisa and stop at a farmhouse for olive oil tasting – This morning is at your own Leisure and in the afternoon we set off to Pisa to admire the UNESCO-listed Piazza dei Miracoli with the world’s most iconic leaning tower (entrance charge applies). In the shadow of the Leaning Tower we also see the lovely Bell Tower, Cathedral, Baptistery and Cemetery from outside. In the afternoon, we will reach a farmhouse where the owner will give you explanation regarding the different production stages. Than you will enjoy a taste of their homemade olive oil, accompanied by bruschetta – See the iconic Leaning Tower of Pisa (entrance extra) and its magnificent Square of Miracles
- Jul. 29, 2023 – Tour in the Chianti Region with stop for the weekly market and visit to a vineyard with wine tasting – Today’s excursion will start into the Chianti Valley. This hilly landscape, interspersed with olive groves, cypresses, vineyards and palaces, fascinates all visitors. You will experience the harmony of the colors that only the hills in this region have to offer, with your own eyes. We will also stop in one of the lovely Chianti’s towns for the weekly market (depending on the day) We continue on to a vine yard where you will learn all regarding the different production stages and enjoy a wine tasting
- July 30, 2023 – Depart for Home – Fly back home with all your new memories! Our bus will leave the hotel at 8am and it will take about an hour to get to the Florence Airport (FLR).
Cost – This will vary based on how many people sign up. But here is the breakdown. Rates are per person based on double occupancy. We offer two prices on this tour, one for the public and one for interliners. Interliners for this tour are airline employee or spouse, airline retiree or spouse, parent or parent-in-law of the airline employee and anyone traveling with them.
For the public, the price is
- 15 to 19 guests – $2,599pp
- 20 to 24 guests – $2,299pp
- 25 to 29 guests – $2,199pp
- 30 to 34 guests – $1,999pp
- 35 to 39 guests – $1,899pp
- Single supplement – add $819 – Limited to 10 single room, first book, first get. Waitlist after that.
Our exclusive price for interliners is below – (you need to be a member of our website and logged in to see the pricing.
[Content protected for Members of InterlineTravel.com only, Sign up and join today! No Charge!]
This concert is sold out so no ticket upgrades are available. Sorry.
We have a 15 person minimum to make the tour go. If you sign up at the higher price and we get more people, you will end up paying what the final price for the tour ends up.
Yes you can bring friends with your and yes active employees can join. We want to fill the group to 40+ to get the rate down. If we get an overwhelming response we will go to our operator and see about adding a 2nd or 3rd section if needed.
Deposit is $500pp plus any ticket upgrade cost.
Final Payment is due on May 5, 2023
No cancellation fee if you cancel before final payment except for any ticket upgrade paid, which is nonrefundable once paid.
Full penalty if cancelled after May 5, 2023
We strongly suggest you take out travel insurance to cover you for cancellation or medical issues while on the trip. Ask our agent for that info or click here to purchase it.
To book, contact InterlineTravel.com at 800 766-2911 and any agent can take your info and payment. We need your full legal name to book and your billing address for your credit card. The charge will come from Dynamic Travel on your credit card bill.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE EVENT & TICKETS:
CONDITIONS AND RULES FOR TICKET REFUNDS FOR THE EVENT IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER CONDITIONS
The Customer hereby declares that it is aware that:
– in the event of bad weather conditions, the July 27 show shall be postponed to July 28;
– in the event of postponement, the starting time of the shows shall be the same as the time scheduled and announced at the beginning of the presale for the show on July 27; – in the event that the show is postponed to the aforementioned date, no refund of the ticket price shall be permitted. In view of the above, the Customers who intend to purchase tickets for the show that in the event of bad weather, the show shall be postponed to the aforementioned date and that a refund of the ticket price shall not be possible if the show cannot be attended on the postponed date. The Customer shall hold Dynamic Travel & it’s local operator in Italy harmless from any third-party claim and/or action and shall be obliged to compensate the latter for any prejudicial consequence that it may suffer as a result of any violations to the above. Tickets are valid and only constitute access passes for the event, day and time indicated on the ticket.
The organizer reserves the right to change the location and/or date and/or time of the event for technical and organizational reasons: therefore, we recommend that you check that the event has not undergone modifications. In case of bad weather conditions, the show shall be postponed to the date(s) that were communicated to the public when the presales were opened and, in any case, at the time the ticket was purchased; in the case that the spectator cannot be present at the postponed show on the date(s) communicated at the time the ticket was purchased, they shall not be entitled to a refund of the ticket price. Should the show performance be permanently interrupted after at least 40 minutes from the show start, spectators shall not be entitled to a refund. In case of cancellation by the spectator, they shall not be entitled to any refund, not of the ticket price or of any additional fees (art. 7 – paragraph b of Italian Legislative Decree no. 185 of May 22, 1999, which implements EEC Directive 97/7/EC). Any complaint regarding your seat may be made before or during the show. No type of complaints shall be accepted afterwards. Bottles, cans, alcohol, umbrellas or any other blunt and/or dangerous object are not allowed into the show venue. Dynamic Travel and the concert organization is not responsible for any damage, or lost or stolen objects inside the concert venue or in the parking lots located outside.
SPECTATORS WITH MOBILITY ISSUES
Spectators with reduced mobility or disabilities who wish to attend the show in the seats reserved for them by law (which vary depending on the venue) must send a separate request. Once the maximum number of seats available by law in the area specifically designated for a show have run out, the organization shall not be able to fulfill subsequent requests for the same show. The Organization would like to inform you that people with reduced mobility or disabilities can only attend the show from within the reserved area, which can be accessed upon purchase of a special ticket, in accordance with the procedure described above. For reasons of personal safety and protection, spectators with reduced mobility or disabilities in possession of a valid entry ticket, yet for a sector other than the reserved area or other than the ticket type that is expressly intended for these types of seats, shall be prevented from entering the event venue. We would also like to remind users that given the unique location of the venue intended to host the event, as well as the natural features of the road which make it impassable to cars at the end, we do not recommend attendance at the event for anyone who has motor difficulties or is in poor physical health, or anyone who should avoid exerting themselves. In any case, people who decide to come to the event venue to attend the show shall do so at their own risk, without any liability on the part of Michelangelo. Should such physical conditions onset after the ticket has been purchased and before the date of the event.
Renee Yancy says
HI there. I think I would absolutely love to take this trip. What is the interline cost?
Steve Cosgrove says
You need to be logged in to see the pricing. We still need to verify your email is valid. Email firstname.lastname@example.org from your aa.com email address so we can verify it is a valid email for you. Then once you log in you will see the prices. You can also call our office at 800 766-2911 and the agents can quote you pricing.
Susan Baucom says
What is the interline rate on this tour?
Steve Cosgrove says
You need to be logged in to see the pricing. We still need to verify your email is valid and get a copy of your airline ID or retiree ID. Email email@example.com from your email address and include a copy of your ID so we can verify it is a valid email for you. Then once you log in you will see the prices. You can also call our office and the agents can give you pricing.
Elsie Bradt says
How many people are we up to?
Anxiously waiting for this trip..
Steve Cosgrove says
Elsie Bradt says
Thanks Steve, appreciate the response..Can’t wait.