Imagine a week in Italy exploring Northern Sicily with cooking classes, tastings, workshops and much more!
You won’t find this tour anywhere else as this is an exclusive tour from InterlineTravel.com.
The tour includes 7 nts at the 5 star Hotel Cefalu’ Sea Palace in Cefalu’. Cefalù, the classical Cephaloedium, is a city and comune in the Italian Metropolitan City of Palermo, located on the Tyrrhenian coast of Sicily.
- 7 x HB with international breakfast buffet,
- 1 x welcome drink upon arrival,
- 1 x 3-course dinner with fixed menu upon arrival,
- 6 x 3-course dinner with menu choice,
- drinks always extra
Not included are – airfare, tips, hotel city taxes (to be paid directly at the hotel upon arrival), everything not mentioned under the services included. Hotel city taxes are 1,50 Euro per person per night in Castellmmare and 6 Euro per person per night in Rome.
Our amazing itinerary is:
- Oct. 7, 2021 – Arrival Day – Arrive into Palermo, Sicily and catch our bus to our hotel in Cefalu’ and relax. Enjoy a welcome drink before evening dinner.
- Oct. 8, 2021 – Madonie park & typical local tasting at Castelbuono – Today we take a trip along the Southern Appennini Mountains to explore the European “Madonie” Geopark. We continue to the medieval village of Castelbuono and its castle. Here we will visit a farmhouse where we will have the opportunity to try the locally made wine and specialities before returning to the hotel for dinner.
- Oct. 9, 2021 – Palermo & Street Food with local tastings – Today we explore Sicily’s capital Palermo and spend time in one of its lively street markets. Afterward we discover the stunning architectural treasures of the Duomo before enjoying a dinner of typical Sicilian street food.
- Oct. 10, 2021 – Mount Etna with visit at a farmhouse with tastings & Bronte’s Pistachios tasting – We depart after breakfast bound for the iconic Mt. Etna, Europe’s tallest active volcano. We visit the Silvestri craters at 1900m, where lava flows from previous eruptions can be observed. If weather permits, visitors may opt to take the cable car and jeep to ascend to 2900m (additional charge applies) Visit to a farmhouse at the feet of Mt Etna including little local product tasting In the afternoon we make a stop for a tasting of the famous Pistacchio di Bronte.
- Oct. 11, 2021 – Sicilian Cuisine Cooking class – Today’s cooking lesson will start with a lovely breakfast in the Dome’s square, where you will have a coffee accompanied by a delicious local biscuit. You will than move to the restaurant’s laboratory, where you will learn how the traditional Sicilian Arancini, Pasta alla Norma and Sarde in Beccafico are made The chef will show you all the necessary ingredients and will explain you al the production stages You will move than in the restaurant’s dining room, where you will have lunch with your own creations. Lunch will include water, ¼ wine and coffee
- Oct. 12, 2021 – Day at Leisure –
- Oct. 13, 2021 – Piazza Armerina & Caltagirone with Ceramic workshop – Sicily’s Villa del Casale, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1997, opened its doors to the public once more in July 2012. After six years of restoration work, it is now possible to wander among the villa’s mosaics again. During the restoration, 120 million individual tiles were painstakingly cleaned by about 50 conservators from all across Europe.
This Roman villa, one of Sicily’s most precious sites dating back to antiquity, was the residence of a wealthy merchant between the 3rd and 4th century AD, who brought back a group of artists specialised in the art of mosaic making after his last trip to Africa. New excavations show evidence that there was not just one villa, but rather a densely populated settlement with a spacious thermal complex.
Caltagirone has long been known for its ceramic workshops and pottery still plays an important role here today. Balconies and storefronts, even bridges and staircases are decorated with the colourful ceramic. You can watch the artists at work and you will take part to a ceramic workshop! At the end of this interesting experience you will receive a little ceramic gift to bring with you at home.
The Majolica floors, the figurines -fischietti – which are available in many shops and of which there are 80 different traditional variations, as well as the ceramic nativity figurines by the masters of Caltagirone, which can be admired in the local ceramic museum, among other places, are all equally famous. Caltagirone’s elegant public city park numbers among the most beautiful in Italy and was planned by Giovanni Battista Filippo Basile, who understood masterfully how to incorporate local ceramic elements into the balustrades and pavilions.
- Oct. 14, 2021 – Depart for Home – After breakfast transfer by coach to the airport for your return flight home.
Cost – This will vary based on how many people sign up. But here is the breakdown. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
- 20 to 29 guests – $1,179
- 30 to 39 guests – $1,099
- 40 or more guests – $999
- Single supplement – add $299 – Limited to 6 single room, first book, first get. Waitlist after that.
We have a 20 person minimum to make the tour go. If you sign up at the higher price and we get more people, you will end up paying what the final price for the tour ends up. For example, you sign up when we only have 20 people signed up, the cost is $1.179pp. But if we end up with over 40 going the price drops to $999pp and that would be the final price you would pay, not the $1,179pp.
Yes you can bring friends with you and parents and in-laws of employees can book into this also. We want to fill the group to 40+ to get the rate down. If we get an overwhelming response we will go to our operator and see about adding a 2nd or 3rd section if needed. Otherwise once we hit 40 we will have a waitlist in case of cancellations.
Deposit is $500pp at the time of booking.
Final Payment is due on July 7, 2021.
No penalty if you cancel prior to July 7, 2021.
Full penalty if cancelled on or after July 7, 2021.
We strongly suggest you take out travel insurance to cover you for cancellation or medical issues while on the trip. Ask our agent for that info or click here to purchase it.
To book, contact InterlineTravel.com at 800 766-2911 and any agent can take your info and payment. We need your full legal name to book and your billing address for your credit card. The charge will come from Dynamic Travel on your credit card bill.