Imagine a week in Italy exploring Sicily with cooking classes, tastings, workshops and much more!
You won’t find this tour anywhere else as this is an exclusive tour from InterlineTravel.com.
The tour includes 4 nts at the 4 star at UNAHOTELS NAXOS BEACH SICILIA ****, in Giardini Naxos and 4 nts at the 4 star HOTEL AIRA 55 ****, in Palermo
- 4 x HB with international breakfast buffet in Giardini Naxos
- 4 x 3-course buffet dinner including 1/2 water and 1/4 wine pp in Giardini Naxos
- 4 x BB with international breakfast buffet in Palermo
- drinks always extra
Not included are – airfare, tips, hotel city taxes, everything not mentioned under the services included
Tourist city tax at a 4* hotel in Giardini di Naxos € 1,50 per person per night
Tourist city tax at a 4* hotel in Palermo € 2,00 per person per nigh
Our amazing itinerary is:
- Oct. 10, 2022 – Arrival at the Catania Airport and transfer to your hotel in Giardini di Naxos – Upon arrival at the airport, transfer by coach to your hotel. Enjoy a welcome drink before evening dinner
- Oct. 11, 2022 – Etna with visit to a local farm, taste of their products and guided tour in Taormina – We depart after breakfast for the iconic Mt. Etna, Europe’s tallest active volcano. We visit the Silvestri craters at 1900m, where lava flows from previous eruptions can be observed. If weather permits, visitors may opt to take the cable car and jeep to ascend to 2900m (additional charge applies) Visit to a farmhouse at the feet of Mt Etna including little local product tasting.
In the afternoon we will visit Taormina’s fascinating Greek theatre, and then you will have free time for a nice walk among the picturesque medieval typical narrow streets and go shopping and looking around the local handcraft (coral jewels, precious laces, ceramics, sweets and much more).
- Oct. 12, 2022 – “In the footsteps of the Godfather” Savoca – Forza d’ Agrò and
Granita Ice tasting – Today’s excursion will take us to explore the villages of Savoca and Forza
D’Angro’ where several scenes from the Francis Ford Coppola film “The Godfather” were shot. Here we will taste the typical Sicilian Granita Ice.
- Oct. 13, 2022 – Syracuse with Ortigia Island and typical Cannolo tasting – This morning begind with a visit of Siracusa, the most beautiful and greatest Greek colony in Sicily and World Heritage Site. We will continue visiting the splendid Ortigia, a small island which is the historical centre of Siracusa. In Ortigia you will admire the beautiful Cathedral which dominates the square with its authoritative presence. The present façade is a powerful Sicilian-Baroque composition but it gives no hint that this building was once a Doric temple!
From Piazza Duomo you will reach a wide terrace on the waterfront surrounding the famous Arethusa’s Fountain, one of the most famous fresh-water sources of the Greek world. Enjoy a delicious tasting of the typical Cannolo Siciliano at a local bakery!
- Oct. 14, 2022 – Transfer to Palermo with stop in Madonie area at a farmhouse for lunch with Sicilian dishes and wine tasting – This morning we will leave our hotel in Giardini di Naxos and stop in the European “Madonie” Geopark. Here we will visit a farmhouse where we will have the opportunity to try the locally made wine and specialities before reaching Palermo, where we will stay for the next 4 nights.
- Oct. 15, 2022 –Easy hike to Riserva dello Zingaro (2H) and Tuna fish lunch in Scopello – This coastal nature reserve is a hiker’s paradise and a haven for wildlife, including the rare Bonelli’s eagle and 40 other bird species. Wild carob and bright yellow euphorbia dust the hillsides, along with 700 other species of Mediterranean flora, while hidden rocky coves with pretty pebble beaches provide tranquil swimming spots. A stunning 7km walking trail north along the coast. Following this amazing hike we will have lunch in Scopello and taste a menu with tuna fish
- Oct. 16, 2022 – Palermo with Street Food lunch and Monreale – Today we explore the capital of Sicily Palermo, one of the richest towns in the island for its history and art and spend time in one of its lively street markets. Afterward we discover the stunning architectural treasures of the Duomo before enjoying a lunch of typical Sicilian street food. Later on we will proceed to Monreale to visit its huge Norman Cathedral, proclaimed the Eighth Wonder of the World, and its splendid Cloister in Arab-Norman style: admirable masterpiece of art, sculpture, and semi-precious stones marquetry!
- Oct. 17, 2022 – The salt works of Trapani and Erice with visit to a bakery and tasting – We start our journey in Trapani discovering the ancient salt plants along the road to Erice. Strolling the medieval streets of this stony hilltop town we will be impressed by its mighty medieval walls and remarkable number of churches. Here we will sample a traditional almond pastry in a bakery.
- Oct. 18, 2022 – Depart for Home – After breakfast transfer by coach to the airport for your return flight home.
Cost – This will vary based on how many people sign up. But here is the breakdown. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
- 20 to 24 guests – $1,419
- 25 to 29 guests – $1,329
- 30 to 34 guests – $1,219
- 35 to 39 guests – $1,169
- 40 to 44 guests – $1,129
- Single supplement – add $299 – Limited to 5 single room, first book, first get. Waitlist after that.
We have a 20 person minimum to make the tour go. If you sign up at the higher price and we get more people, you will end up paying what the final price for the tour ends up. For example, you sign up when we only have 20 people signed up, the cost is $1,419pp. But if we end up with over 40 going the price drops to $1,129pp and that would be the final price you would pay, not the $1,419pp.
Yes you can bring friends with you and parents and in-laws of employees can book into this also. We want to fill the group to 40+ to get the rate down. If we get an overwhelming response we will go to our operator and see about adding a 2nd or 3rd section if needed. Otherwise once we hit 40 we will have a waitlist in case of cancellations.
Deposit is $500pp at the time of booking.
Final Payment is due on Aug. 10, 2022.
No penalty if you cancel prior to Aug. 3, 2022.
Full penalty if cancelled on or after Aug. 3, 2022.
We strongly suggest you take out travel insurance to cover you for cancellation or medical issues while on the trip. Ask our agent for that info or click here to purchase it.
To book, contact InterlineTravel.com at 800 766-2911 and any agent can take your info and payment. We need your full legal name to book and your billing address for your credit card. The charge will come from Dynamic Travel on your credit card bill.