Our Exclusive Tour of Southern Italy!!!
Enjoy a week in Southern Italy with sightseeing, shopping, wine tasting, cooking classes and more! Southern Italy is unexplored by many and yet has so much to offer.
You will have the option to have dinner one night at the Grotta Palazzese cave restaurant. Grotta Palazzese cave restaurant Italy is a restaurant you have likely seen if you have ever been on Pinterest. It is located in a cave set on a cliff in Puglia, Italy’s Polignano A Mare, in Hotel Grotta Palazzese. That cost will be on your own and dinner there runs from about $650 to $850 USD pp! If you want to have dinner there, let us know when you book as reservations are on a first come, first request basis.
You won’t find this tour anywhere else as this is an exclusive tour from InterlineTravel.com.
The tour includes 6 nts at the 4 star Hotel La Sorgente in Savelletri di Fasano and will include buffet international buffet breakfast, daily. Hotel La Sorgente in Savelletri di Fasano is a seaside hotel with great views of the sea!
Savelletri di Fasano is located about 2 hour by train and bus south of Bari, Italy. Click here for the directions from the Rome to Rio website. We will have one transfer bus from Bari – departure time to yet be determined.
Also included are:
- 1 welcome drink
- 1 x 3-course dinner with fixed menu upon arrival
- 5 – 3-course dinners with choice menu
- Salad and vegetable buffet at every evening meal
- Drinks are extra
- Headsets throughout your trip
- Porterage in & out at the hotel listed above
- All tours as outlined below
- 24-hour emergency telephone number
Not included are – airfare, tips, hotel city taxes (to be paid directly at the hotel upon arrival), everything not mentioned under the services included.
Our amazing itinerary is:
- Oct. 25, 2021 – Arrival Day – Upon arrival at the airport, transfer by coach to your hotel. Enjoy a welcome drink before evening welcome dinner.
- Oct. 26, 2021 – Lecce and Otranto with pastry and seafood – Today’s tour takes us to the beautiful city of Lecce. Hear about the history of this 2,000 year old place and see some of its most important monuments and sites. See many examples of “Lecce stone”, a special limestone used by many artists in friezes, sculptures and cornices for its easily workable quality. This limestone is often used in the facades of the city, with Baroque architecture so jaw-dropping that it has earned the city the nickname of “The Florence of the South.” After the walking tour to see its Piazza Oronzo and the remains of the Roman amphitheater, taste one of the best desserts in Italy: the “pasticciotto leccese”. This famous tart comes in an assortment of flavors, but the traditional combination of custard cream and cherry is what really made this sweet so well-loved. For lunch we will eat a delicious seafood pasta dish and than we then make our way to Otranto, a seaside town close to the easternmost point of Italy. The city is located where the Adriatic Sea connects to the Ionian Sea, separating Italy from Albania. Its strategic position meant that the area endured many attacks throughout time, from the Greeks and Romans to the Ottomans and up to World War II. The fortified city’s castle stands at the entrance to the old city, a lively area with many charming shops and cafés. Gusto of the day: Pastry and sea food
- Oct. 27, 2021 – Matera and Altamura – Rocks and Bread – Today we travel to Matera. This lesser known area of Italy was declared a “must see” European Capital of Culture for 2019. The 7,000 year old town is the third-longest continuously inhabited human settlement in the world. Its unique “sassi” caves were carved over time into the tufa limestone in which they are found. The layers of houses are astonishing and are now protected on the UNESCO world heritage list. The more modern houses are found above the hill; cave dwellings huddle together in the gorge and were used from Neolithic times up until the Second World War; and below, in the underground city, more ancient living areas lay. The area is so incredible that it seems to transport you back to Biblical times, which is, in fact, exactly what various directors have done in filming movies like “The Passion of Christ”, “Ben Hur” and even “Wonder Woman” there. We then continue on to the town of Altamura where we will sample the traditional locally produced sourdough bread. Gusto of the day: Sourdough bread.
- Oct. 28, 2021 – Trani and Andria with burrata tasting – This morning we will visit the sea port town of Trani, where we will have some time. We continue than through the fields and pasturelands of Apulia and the bus will stop at a cheese producer, famous for the local favorite: burrata. The fresh cheese has a soft consistency and outer “skin”, with an oozy mouth-feel similar to mozzarella. To bring out its flavor and texture, it is usually served at room temperature. Following the demonstration of how the creamy twisted cheese is made, you will have the opportunity to taste it and have a light lunch before departing for Andria Duly refreshed we then continue to Andria, famous for the Castel del Monte before returning home (entrance fee not included). Gusto of the day: Burrata tasting with light lunch. This evening you have the option to go to dinner at the Grotta Palazzese restaurant in Polignano a Mara. It is considered among the 10 most exclusive outdoor restaurants in the world. Dinner reservations have a nonrefundable deposit that is required at the time we make your reservations. Advance reservations are a must and we will take your request at the time of final payment along with the nonrefundable deposit. For those not going to eat at the Grotto Palazzese, there will be dinner at our hotel or you can go out on the town and dine on your own.
- Oct, 29, 2021 – Ostuni and Alberobello – Trulli & Olive oil – The town of Ostuni is known as the “White City of Puglia” A splendid medieval village atop a hill, its tangle of streets feature whitewashed houses adorned with flower boxes and tiny shops. Centuries old olive groves surround the town below. We then take the short journey to a Masseria where we will enjoy lunch. In the afternoon we will experience the beautiful Alberobello, which is famous for its unique, white round buildings with archetypal conical roofs. These little houses give insight into how farming families and communities survived off the land and lived in these tiny villages together. A stroll on its cobblestone streets through the cluster of UNESCO recognized trulli is an unforgettable experience. We then travel to an apulian olive oil mill, before enjoying a tasting of the oil. Gusto of the day: Lunch in masseria and olive oil.
- Oct. 30, 2021 – Monopoli – Orecchiette – An unforgettable experience expects us today, we will immerse ourselves in a cooking class of Puglia’s typical pasta “orecchiette”. Try your hand at making one of the most well-known pasta dishes of Apulia, orecchiette,
which gets its name for its shape of “little ears.” Once you finish the course, enjoy the meal you have made for lunch. In the afternoon we head to the seaside town of Monopoli Gusto of the day: Orecchiette
- Oct. 31, 2021 – Depart for Home – After breakfast transfer by coach to the airport for your return flight home.
Cost – This will vary based on how many people sign up. But here is the breakdown. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
- 20 to 29 guests – $1,099
- 30 to 39 guests – $959
- 40 to 44 guests – $919
- Single supplement – add $239 – Limited to 5 single room, first book, first get. Waitlist after that.
We have a 20 person minimum to make the tour go. If you sign up at the higher price and we get more people, you will end up paying what the final price for the tour ends up. For example, you sign up when we only have 20 people signed up, the cost is $1,099pp. But if we end up with over 40 going the price drops to $919pp and that would be the final price you would pay, not the $1,099pp.
Yes you can bring friends with you and parents and in-laws of employees can book into this also. We want to fill the group to 40+ to get the rate down. If we get an overwhelming response we will go to our operator and see about adding a 2nd or 3rd section if needed. Otherwise once we hit 44 we will have a waitlist in case of cancellations.
Deposit is $500pp and is due at the time of booking.
Final Payment is due on Aug. 31, 2021.
No penalty if you cancel prior to Aug. 31, 2021.
Full penalty if cancelled after Aug. 31, 2021.
We strongly suggest you take out travel insurance to cover you for cancellation or medical issues while on the trip. Ask our agent for that info or click here to purchase it.
To book, contact InterlineTravel.com at 800 766-2911 and any agent can take your info and payment. We need your full legal name to book and your billing address for your credit card. The charge will come from Dynamic Travel on your credit card bill.