This is our Exclusive Women’s Only Tour to Southern Tuscany!! We also offer this trip also in May of 2021.
Imagine a week in Tuscany staying at the legendary, Certosa di Pontignano. The Certosa di Pontignano (Pontignano Charterhouse), also known as the Certosa di San Pietro, is a Carthusian monastery and church in the neighborhood of Pontignano, within the town limits of Castelnuovo Berardenga, a few kilometers north of the city of Siena, in the region of Tuscany, Italy.
Cooking classes, tastings, tours, shopping and more are included PLUS this it’s just women on this trip!!
You won’t find this tour anywhere else as this is an exclusive tour from InterlineTravel.com.
The tour includes 6 nts at Certosa di Pontignano which is located just a few km from Siena, in the hills of Chianti and Tuscany. An international breakfast buffet every morning is included in our price. In addition the following is included;
- 1 welcome drink
- 6 – 3-course dinners, drinks extra.
- All tours as outlined below
- 24-hour emergency telephone number
Not included are – airfare, tips, hotel city taxes (to be paid directly at the hotel upon arrival), everything not mentioned under the services included.
Our amazing itinerary is:
- Oct. 10, 2021 – Arrival in Florence – Upon arrival at the Florence airport, transfer by coach to our hotel. Enjoy a welcome drink before evening dinner
- Oct. 11, 2021 – Volterra with visit to an Alabaster & San Gimignano with Gelato tasting – Formerly an Etruscan hill settlement, the city is believed to have been continuously inhabited since the 8th century B.C. With so many layers of lives and a distinctly medieval appearance, it is no wonder that it lends itself as the ideal setting for vampire novels and films. No need to fear what follows dusk here, as the warm glow of the city lights cast off any would-be covens. During the day you will visit an alabaster producers and get a little alabaster present.
Discover “The Manhattan of the Middle Ages.” San Gimignano, the town of towers, offers those who stroll its streets the opportunity to enjoy the art and architectural treasures of its historic facades. The masterpieces born of family feuds were meant as ostentatious demonstrations of importance and ascendancy. Try our cultural “Treasure Hunt” for local sites and hidden gems, a unique way to explore in-depth the culture and history of this special place. Enjoy a delicious Gelato tasting at the best ice cream shop!
- Oct. 12, 2021 – Pienza with Pecorino cheese & Montalcino with Wine tasting – Tuscany is postcard perfect. With its sun-drenched spans of waving fields, rolling into the hills that then give way to its Renaissance cities, it’s no wonder why so many artists and directors draw inspiration from and feature it as one of their favourite back drops. Even Pope Pius II desired to capture the beauty of his birthplace, Pienza, in transforming it in just 3 years into a model city for others. The area is noted not only for its architecture, but for its regional specialities. With award-winning Pecorino producers, tastings can be easily arranged.
Neighbouring Montalcino is synonymous with its wine known worldwide: the Brunello. Beyond this handsome wine the town itself offers some great sites, such as its 14th century castle, bishop’s parsonage, lively cafés and shops selling artisanal products and local specialities. The Sant’Antimo Abbey is located in the valley below the village. If you are lucky, you can hear the monks doing Gregorian chants
- Oc. 13, 2021 – Cooking class & Guided tour in Siena – Enjoy an interactive cooking class to learn all about the homemade pasta with the hotel’s chef!
The afternoon is dedicated to discover Siena. Its charming streets lure you in through their quaint quarters…until you arrive at its heart: the seashell-shaped square, the Piazza del Campo. Start to understand how the contrade neighborhoods are the font of beauty and pride that fuel the Palio horse race held there twice each year.
- Oct. 14, 2021 – Excursion to Florence & visit to a farmhouse with olive oil tasting – The Renaissance sprit was Florentine. Extracting details from the ruins of its Roman past, the city’s creators proudly dusted of ancient forms and brought them to light. First incorporating the elements as inventive details in structures, meant to illuminate their brilliance from an otherwise buried past, they then extended into entire compositional arrangements highlighted in the unmatched architectural masterpieces that make up one of the most unmistakable cityscapes in the world. Florence inspires with its Palazzo Vecchio, Ponte Vecchio, Duomo, the Uffizi and Accademia museums, markets, gardens and squares. Before returning to your hotel, you will stop at a farmhouse and enjoy a tasting of the local produced olive oil
- Oct. 15, 2021 – Day at Leisure – Truffle hunt experience & tasting of local products & wine – Today’s excursion will bring us to a lovely estate. This hilly landscape, interspersed with olive groves, cypresses, vineyards and palaces, fascinates all visitors. You will experience the harmony of the colors that only the hills in this region have to offer, with your own eyes. Guests will be greeted with a welcome drink served in the garden, while the staff will present the program of the day. The tour lasts approximately 2 hours and it is composed of two parts: truffle hunt with our dog and truffle tasting in pairing with our wines… the hunting begins! You will have access to a protected area to start the truffle hunt. The area is easily practicable and it does not require a specific clothing. You can follow our dog and try to find the truffle! Following this experience, a delicious tasting is waiting for you! Oil bruschetta, truffle butter bruschetta, salami, pecorino and wines from the estate.
- Oct. 16, 2021 – Depart for Home – After breakfast transfer by coach to the Florence airport for your return flight home.
Cost – This will vary based on how many people sign up. But here is the breakdown. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
- 20 to 29 guests – $1,299
- 30 to 39 guests – $1,149
- 40 or more guests – $1,099
- Single supplement – add $299 – Limited to 6 single room, first book, first get. Waitlist after that.
We have a 20 person minimum to make the tour go. If you sign up at the higher price and we get more people, you will end up paying what the final price for the tour ends up. For example, you sign up when we only have 20 people signed up, the cost is $1.299pp. But if we end up with over 40 going the price drops to $1,099pp and that would be the final price you would pay, not the $1,299pp.
Yes you can bring friends with you and parents and in-laws of employees can book into this also. We want to fill the group to 40+ to get the rate down. If we get an overwhelming response we will go to our operator and see about adding a 2nd or 3rd section if needed. Otherwise once we hit 40 we will have a waitlist in case of cancellations.
Deposit is $500pp at the time of booking.
Final Payment is due on July 10 2021.
No penalty if you cancel prior to July 10, 2021.
Full penalty if cancelled on or afrer July 10, 2021.
We strongly suggest you take out travel insurance to cover you for cancellation or medical issues while on the trip. Ask our agent for that info or click here to purchase it.
To book, contact InterlineTravel.com at 800 766-2911 and any agent can take your info and payment. We need your full legal name to book and your billing address for your credit card. The charge will come from Dynamic Travel on your credit card bill.