Our Exclusive Tour of Southern Tuscany is an amazing 7 Nt tour of Southern Tuscany that takes place from Oct. 28 to Nov. 4, 2019.
Our Oct. 21st, departure was a huge hit with 2 buses filled in about 72 hours. So we added a 2nd date. Jump on this ASAP is you want to join us on this amazing tour of Tuscany at an unbeatable price!
This is an amazing trip as we have our central hotel in Chianciano Terme and go our daily on our own bus to explore the cities and countryside of Tuscany with lots of tastings of wine, chocolate, and more. Plus a visit to the Volterra market on Saturday morning for some shopping! The weekly markets in Volterra are held every Saturday and these open air markets are the best places to shop. Plenty of vendors sell several different types of items like clothing, jewelry, antiques, food items and handicrafts. There are also several small shops in Volterra that sell wooden handicrafts and small art pieces. Visitors can also purchase several varieties of good quality Tuscan wines from many wine shops in Volterra. Local cheeses are available in most food stores and good quality extra virgin olive oil can also be purchased.
So if you want to experience Tuscany with lots of food and wine tastings and a bit of shopping thrown in, this is the tour for you!
The tour includes 7 nts at the 4 star Grand Hotel Excelsior ****, in Chianciano Terme in the heart of Southern Tuscany and you get buffet breakfast daily.
Also included are:
- 1 – 3-course fixed menu dinner on arrival day
- 5 – 3-course dinner with choice of menu
- 1 – traditional Tuscan dinner
- 7 – appetizer and salad buffet at each dinner
- 1 – welcome drink
- tour leader throughout the trip
- headphones throughout the trip
Not included are – airfare, tips, hotel city taxes (the current price is € 1.00 per person, per night),
Our amazing itinerary is:
- Oct. 28, 2019 – Arrive at FCO Rome airport. The private bus will transfer you to the hotel in Chianciano (about 2.5 hours). Enjoy a welcome drink as you check-in. In the evening a 3-course fixed menu dinner will be served at the hotel.
- Oct. 29, 2019 – Siena and medieval lunch – Siena’s charming streets through its quaint quarters will pull you into its heart: the Piazza del Campo. Your licensed tour guide will explain how the contrade neighborhoods are the font of beauty and pride that fuel the Palio horse race held there twice each year. Your medieval lunch will follow the tour and then you will have free time to spend in this lovely little city. To enjoy the area best, the private bus will pick you up in your hotel in the morning and bring you back in the late afternoon (it will take about 1.5 hours each way). Dinner will be at the hotel.
- Oct. 30, 2019 – Cortona and Arezzo with wine tasting and snacks – The private bus will bring you to Cortona. The tour leader will tell you the history of the area during the trip (which is about 1 hour), so that when you arrive you can enjoy the morning walking around the area and doing some exploring and shopping on your own. Then, the bus will take you to Arezzo (the trip takes about 1 hour) for a fabulous wine tasting with snacks, before returning (1 hour) you to the hotel for dinner.
- Oct. 31, 2019 – Pienza and Montepulciano with pecorino and red wine tasting – The private bus will take you to Pienza (about 30 minutes) as the tour leader explains the history of the a UNESCO world heritage sites you will see during your free time there. After having the opportunity to do some walking around the marvelous renaissance architecture there, the tour leader will guide you to the bus so that you can go on to see Montepulciano. As you travel through the breath-taking Val d’Orcia countryside (about 30 minutes), the leader will describe the beautiful town. You will then have a pecorino and Montepulciano red wine tasting, followed by some free time. The bus will get you back (in about 30 minutes) to the hotel for dinner, served at the hotel.
- Nov. 1, 2019 – Lake Trasimeno and Perugia with a chocolate tasting – The allure of Umbria will take you from Tuscany for the day. The private bus will bring you for a visit of the heart-shaped Trasimeno Lake. Then you will go on to Perugia for a guided tour of the medieval city and a chocolate tasting. The bus will have you back at the hotel in time for dinner. (Total driving time: 2.5 hours.)
- Nov. 2, 2019 – Saturday morning market in San Gimignano and Volterra for a gelato tasting – Morning markets in Italy make for a lively experience. The private bus will take you to a lovely one in San Gimignano (trip time: 2 hours). Then you will move on to Volterra (45 minutes), the historic town featured recently in various films and novels. Volterra is also famous for alabaster and your private tour guide will show you a producer there. A gelato tasting will complete the afternoon, before the bus brings you back (2 hours) to the hotel for dinner.
- Nov. 3, 2019 – Florence and the famous pork panino – Visit the amazing Renaissance city of Florence with a private, licensed guide before trying one of those pork panini the city is so famous for. The private bus will take you to and from the hotel today (total driving time will be about 3 hours) and dinner will be at the hotel.
- Nov. 4, 2019 – Departure Day – The private bus will take you from your hotel to the Rome FCO airport (about 2.5 hours). We will be at the airport no later than noon.
Cost – This will vary based on how many people sign up. But here is the breakdown. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
- 15 to 19 guests – $1,334
- 20 to 24 guests – $1,136
- 25 to 29 guests – $1,037
- 30 to 34 guests – $954
- 35 to 39 guests – $891
- 40 guests or more – $846
- Single supplement – add $199
We have a 15 person minimum to make the tour go. If you sign up at the higher price and we get more people, you will end up paying what the final price for the tour ends up. For example, you sign up when we only have 15 people signed up, the cost is $1,334pp. But if we end up with over 40 going the price drops to $846pp and that would be the final price you would pay, not the $1,334pp.
Yes you can bring friends with your and yes active employees can join. We want to fill the group to 40+ to get the rate down. If we get an overwhelming response we will go to our operator and see about adding a 2nd or 3rd section if needed.
Deposit is $250pp
Final Payment is due on Aug. 15, 2019
No cancellation fee if you cancel before final payment.
Full penalty if cancelled after Aug. 15, 2019.
We strongly suggest you take out travel insurance to cover you for cancellation or medical issues while on the trip. Ask our agent for that info or click here to purchase it.
To book, contact InterlineTravel.com at 800 766-2911 and any agent can take your info and payment. We need your full legal name to book and your billing address for your credit card. The charge will come from Dynamic Travel on your credit card bill.