This is our exclusive tour to Tuscany & Umbria and the Chianti Wine Festival.
Imagine spending a week exploring the Italian towns of Umbria and the Tuscany region for 7 nights AND experience the Chianti Wine Festival in Chianti! Our price also includes an international breakfast buffet every morning, one lunch and 6 dinners! Explore Tuscany and Umbria with first hand cooking classes, wine and olive oil tastings and more!
You won’t find this tour anywhere else as this is an exclusive tour from Dynamic Travel and InterlineTravel.com.
In addition the following is included;
- 5 x BB with international breakfast buffet
- 2 x HB with international breakfast buffet
- 5 x 3-course dinners
- Drinks always extra
- Porterage in and out in Tavarnelle val di Pesain and porterage in and out in Assisi area.
Not included are – airfare, tips, hotel city taxes (to be paid directly at the hotel upon arrival), everything not mentioned under the services included.
Also not included are the Tourist city tax in 4* hotel in Tavarnelle val di Pesa: € 1,50 per person, per night and Tourist city tax in 4* hotel in Assisi: € 3,00 per person, per night. (current rates – increases are possible and beyond our control).
Our hotels are:
- 5 Nts at the Park Hotel Chianti ****, in Tavarnelle Di Val Di Pesa
- 2 Nts at the Hotel Giotto Assisi ****, in Assisi
Our amazing itinerary is:
- Sept. 4, 2024 – Arrival in Florence airport and transfer to hotel. Welcome dinner – Welcome to Florence! After clearing arrival formalities, you will be met and transferred to your hotel in Tavarnelle. After check-in get ready for the welcome dinner, which will be served at the hotel. Our bus will depart the Florence airport at 4pm for the 30 minute ride to the hotel.
- Sept. 5, 2024 – San Gimignano with Gelato Tasting (world’s best award winning) and Volterra with Saffron Lunch
The excursion today brings you to a family-run farm specialized in saffron production. It is said that the sought after Asian spice was imported to Italy in the thirteen century by a Dominican friar. After learning about the history of its cultivation in Italy during the visit of the property, we will enjoy a light lunch prepared with the unique ingredient. Then the private bus will take us to San Gimignano. Sometimes referred to as “The Manhattan of the Middle Ages” , the old center is characterized by its many towers. We will do a walking tour with a private guide who will explain how local families competed in creating them as a way of demonstrating their wealth and importance. At the end of the tour we will stop to try the award-winning gelato of Mr. Dondoli. Then back to the hotel for a 3-course dinner at the hotel, drinks extra.
- Sept. 6, 2024 – Florence and it’s street food classic the Lampredotto Panino Sandwich – After breakfast at the hotel we are off to tour Florence. The guide will do a walking guided tour of the Renaissance city and its most important sights (entrance to the Palazzo Vecchio, the Accademia or the Uffizi can be organized upon request and with an additional charge) before concluding at its historic Central Market. Taste the Lampredotto sandwich paired with a glass of local wine before having some free time to stroll the city and stop for a coffee along the Arno in the afternoon. Then back to the hotel for a 3-course dinner at the hotel, drinks extra.
- Sept. 7, 2024 – Chianti WINE FESTIVAL & Traditional Tuscan dinner served with paired wines – With its iconic round bottle, Chianti is more than a fabulous wine, it is a marvelous Tuscan region. We will enjoy the winding, country roads lined with cypresses passing by the vineyards in the rolling hills.
We reach the town of Greve in Chianti, where the WINE FESTIVAL takes place. It begins at 11.00 pm till 8.00pm. The wine festival of Greve in Chianti is an event that should not be missed as it is an opportunity to meet the one of the most genuine tastes of Tuscany! You will meet the winemakers in person on a walk through the vineyards and a visit to the wine cellar. The Festival begins Thursday at 5.00pm until 10.00pm, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11.00am until 8.00pm. Chianti WINE FESTIVAL – ticket to be purchased directly on site. Our tip: buy a wine glass and a ticket (approx € 15,00 pp) directly; you will then be able to taste up to seven different wines at the stands. Dinner tonight is at a local farmhouse where we will taste some delicious Tuscan dishes, revisited with taste and refinement and accompanied by local wine.
- Sept. 8, 2024 – Cooking class with Lunch at a Tuscan farmhouse. Afternoon at Leisure – Breakfast and get ready for today’s experience!
The cooking lesson takes place at a charming location in the middle of the Tuscan vineyards. Enjoy your wonderful creations of three types of pasta for lunch, followed by tastings of 13 products including wine, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Through the assistance of a professional in English, you will learn everything there is to know about fresh homemade pasta. You will learn to knead, cut, roll and fill the ravioli. You will learn to mix, cut and form the dumplings, noodles, or other varieties of homemade pasta. The recipes of the chefs are based on freshness, on high-quality local ingredients, Italian tradition and in-depth experience making this a quintessential Italian dish. Personality and smiles of encouragement your instructor will provide for you a pleasant and enjoyable day. Upon arrival the guests are greeted by their host in the Welcome Center for a brief walking tour of this historic property. The course begins and for dinner you will taste what you’ve prepared. We then return to the hotel and the rest of the day is at leisure so can rest or go exploring the area on your own. Dinner on your own this evening.
- Sept. 9, 2024 – Transfer to Umbria with stop in Montepulciano and Guided Tour in Assisi – Medieval Montepulciano and its “vino nobile” is ensconced in the reveries that slowly give way to the surrounding Tuscan countryside over which it reigns supreme. Rising above the undulating hills and the other glorious vineal varieties the region proffers, the wine made on the tuff mountain has always been regarded as a drink destined for nobles. Just below the city’s soil lie a series of wine cellars with cathedral-like vaulted ceilings. chisled into the rock over centuries. We will descend into the cool, semidarkness while the scents of wood, earth and fruit envelope us as we do our visit and tasting of the renowned vino in the historic heart of what lends the unique place its heritage. Afterwards we will reach the heart of Assisi for a private guided walking tour of the serene city. The serene city is not only home to a number of UNESCO World Heritage sites, it is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The licensed, private guide will lead us to see the areas pilgrims have flocked to for centuries. We will enter the Basilica di San Francesco, a UNESCO protected site for its cultural and historical importance. Check into the group’s new hotel.
- Sept. 10, 2024– Walking through the Borghi & truffle hunt. – Today we will have the opportunity to endeavor a truly unique experience: truffle hunting with Antonio and his tuber-sniffing dogs. After searching the woods and working up a nice appetite, we will dine on a truffle-based lunch prepared by the family hosting the adventure. In the afternoon the private bus will take us to the neighboring villages to see the sweet simplicity of the charming, historic houses and shops. Then back to the hotel for a final night 3-course dinner at the hotel, drinks extra.
- Sept. 11, 2024 – Depart for Home – After breakfast transfer by coach to the Florence airport for your return flight home with a head full of memories. Our bus will depart at 7:30am for the 2 hour ride to the Florence airport.
Cost – This will vary based on how many people sign up. But here is the breakdown. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
Tourist city tax in 4* hotel in Tavarnelle val di Pesa: € 1,50 per person, per night
Tourist city tax in 4* hotel in Assisi: € 3,00 per person, per night
(current rates – increases are possible and beyond our control)
We offer two prices on this tour, one for the public and one for interliners. Interliners for this tour are airline employees or spouses, airline retiree or spouse, parent or parent-in-law of the airline employee and anyone traveling with them.
For the public, the price is
- 15 to 19 guests – $2,449pp
- 20 to 24 guests – $2,249pp
- 25 to 29 guests – $2,149pp
- 30 to 34 guests – $2,049pp
- 35 to 40 guests – $1,999pp
- Single supplement – add $349 – Limited to 6 single room, first book, first get. Waitlist after that.
Our exclusive price for interliners is below – (you need to be a member of our website and logged in to see the pricing.
[Content protected for Members of InterlineTravel.com only, Sign up and join today! No Charge!]
We have a 15 person minimum to make the tour go. If you sign up at the higher price and we get more people, you will end up paying what the final price for the tour ends up. For example, you sign up when we only have 15 people signed up, the cost is the higher price shown. But if we end up with over 25 or more going the price drops and that price based on how many are booked would be the final price you would pay.
Yes you can bring friends with you and parents and in-laws of employees can book into this also and go at the same rate as you do as the interliner. We want to fill the group to 25+ to get the rate down. If we get an overwhelming response we will go to our operator and see about adding a 2nd or 3rd section if needed. Otherwise once we hit 40 we will have a waitlist in case of cancellations.
Deposit is $500pp at the time of booking.
Final Payment is due on June 1, 2024.
No penalty if you cancel prior to or on June 1, 2024.
Full penalty if cancelled after June 1, 2024.
We strongly suggest you take out travel insurance to cover you for cancellation or medical issues while on the trip. Ask our agent for that info or click here to purchase it.
If we are unable to operate the tour due to Covid restrictions. then everyone booked will get a full refund to their credit card they paid with. The form of catering in the hotel and other services may differ from our offer/confirmation due to Covid-19 regulations. Changes in the access and visiting regulations for historical sites and museums , for example, are possible based on the current ordinances in force.
To book, contact InterlineTravel.com at 800 766-2911 and any agent can take your info and payment. We need your full legal name to book and your billing address for your credit card. The charge will come from Dynamic Travel on your credit card bill.